BuildSafe is committed to improving the way parties to residential building and construction contracts in New Zealand do business with one another and minimising the risks for owners of losing contract deposits and for contractors of not getting paid for work they have done.
Here is our commitment to you:
1. We promise to provide you with the information that you need to understand the BuildSafe Security of Payment Scheme and the documents you need to participate in the Scheme in simple clear language so that you will be empowered to make informed decisions about your rights and obligations and save valuable time and money.
2. We promise to provide you with a highly efficient, fair, no nonsense, and professional security of payment scheme administered and delivered by experienced professionals who you can trust and who will guide and support you through the process. To do this we will:
- Maintain a comprehensive and user-friendly website to inform and educate parties to construction contracts and their advisers about better building practices and procedures and the BuildSafe Security of Payment Scheme.
- Provide you with all the forms and documents required for every step in the process from making an application to use the BuildSafe Security of Payment Scheme through to enforcing an adjudicator’s determination (should this be necessary).
- Provide you with email and telephone access to our experienced support team who can answer your questions about the BuildSafe Security of Payment Scheme and who will oversee and case-manage the delivery of our services in relation to your building project.
- Provide fair, effective formal Conditions of Contract for use by all parties to residential construction contracts, when using the BuildSafe service.
- Ensure fair payment regimes apply for each construction contract.
- Provide access to competitive Contract Works and Public Liability insurance cover through our BuildSure Insurance Scheme.
- Provide access to fair, prompt and cost effective binding statutory dispute resolution procedures in the event of any dispute arising.
3. And most of all, we make an uncompromising promise to treat you with respect and courtesy, to listen and to carefully consider everything you have to say to us, and to continually strive to deliver the country’s most reliable, independent specialist security of payment scheme for the building and construction industry.
In return, we ask that you please:
- Contact us immediately if there is anything in relation to our services, or the security of payment scheme that you cannot find or do not understand, or that upsets, disappoints or puzzles you. Help is only a phone call or click away and we are here to help and support you all the way. Your earliest advice gives us an opportunity to prevent or resolve any problems promptly and helps us to continually develop, review and improve our services.
- Provide us with valuable feedback by taking the time to complete our simple survey form.
- Treat all of our people with respect and courtesy and carefully read and listen to everything we communicate to you.
- Promptly pay our fees and expenses when we ask.
- Refer at least one other person to us so that we can continue to develop and improve our security of payment services for the benefit of all parties to construction contracts.